Botulinum toxin

Botulinum toxin is a complicated, highly sensitive molecular protein. Compared to its weight, it possesses the highest level of toxicity of all substances, whether natural or not.

This toxin is produced by the bacteria “Clostridium Botulinum”. This bacterium is found throughout the world, both on land and in water, being normally inactive for years, but under certain conditions it becomes active and produces Botulinum Toxin. This is the case when there is contamination of the "clostridium" bacteria in food, meat or vegetables, and these are stored in an airtight compartment. Eating these foods causes food poisoning called Botulism. Current food handling and storage systems currently make the risk of botulism almost zero, especially considering that cooking eliminates any bacteria present.


There are no lingering side effects. Temporary loss of muscle control in the injected area may occur, usually without altering the function of the injected muscle.

Post operative care

  • During the first 24 hours, it is advisable to apply cold to the treated area with gauze pads or make-up remover discs soaked in water or ice cream.
  • If an ecchymosis (bruise) appears, you can apply creams to reduce it as your surgeon will explain.
  • You can wash and make up your face immediately after the botulinum toxin treatment.
  • You can lead a normal life from the first moment.

Create your account